The Transfer Objects tool is used to move specific data from one person record to another person record. When an object is moved, associated linked data moves along with it. For example, when moving Gift Opportunities, any notes or materials associated with the opportunity will also move to the destination record.
A link to the Transfer Objects tool can be found in the Import and Data Processing section of the database page.
Important: Combined Advancement and Admissions databaseFor a combined advancement and admissions database, the Transfer Objects tool is considered Unsafe. Data can be moved from one person record to another person record regardless if the destination person record has an active application or not.
Two search bars appear at the top of the Transfer Objects tool. The searches are limited to person records in the database and are used to find a source record and a destination record for the transfer.
- Source Record: The record containing the object to be moved.
- Destination Record: The record that will contain the object once it is moved.
Enter the name, Slate Reference ID, or email address to find the source and destination records for the transfer. The records must be selected from the autosuggest list generated by the search. Once a record has been selected, the View Source Record and View Destination Record links can be used to open the selected records.
The Object Types section appears on the right side of the page. This section provides a list of the objects that are available to be transferred, along with an overview link that becomes active after selecting one of the Object Types links. On the Overview page, Slate displays the total count of each object on the record.
Selecting an object type displays the individual objects on each record. This view enables a comparison of the information on the source record to the information on the destination record.
Click on an individual object to display a View Details popup with more detailed information. If the selected object is on the source record, a Move to Destination Record button will appear.
To move the selected object to the destination record, click Move to Destination Record. A confirmation popup will appear. Click OK to confirm the object transfer or Cancel to abandon the transfer.
ImportantObjects selected on the destination record side will not display a Move to Destination Record button.
- Select the source and destination records from the search bars.
- Click the View Source Record and View Destination Record links to make that the correct records have been selected.
- Select an object type that you want to transfer from the source record to the destination record.
- Review the selected object and confirm that it should be moved.
- On the Source Record list, click the object to move. A View Details popup appears.
- Click Move to Destination Record and OK to move the object to the destination record.