To create a custom dataset, navigate to the Dataset tool in the Database. The Datasets tool is located under the Records and Datasets section, but can also be found quickly by using the search bar.
The Datasets tool allows for the creation of new datasets and the ability to edit existing datasets.
To create a new dataset, click on the Insert link. In the popup, the only field required to create a dataset is the name field.
- Status - Inactivate datasets that are no longer in use without fear of losing associated data.
- Folder - Folders are an organizational option. To create a new folder, select Other in the folder option. In the text box that displays, enter the name of the new folder. The newly created folder will be selectable in a drop-down list later.
- Name - Enter the name of the dataset that will be displayed internally.
- Type - Links a dataset to existing Slate functionality, as well as enabling functionality within the dataset. Dataset types are case sensitive. When multiple types are added to a dataset, the list of types will need to be delimited by a comma. Current dataset types are listed below:
- Parent - Used primarily for Organization and Organization Contacts datasets. If the dataset has a Parent, select it from the dropdown.
- Custom Icon - Choose a custom icon that will represent the dataset records in Lookup.
Viewing Custom Dataset Record
Note: At the time of writing this article, some features have not been fully released. Below are instructions for how to currently view and access custom datasets.
To access the new custom dataset navigate to the Records section and click the Preview CJ Lookup link.
A shared view is required first to view any custom dataset records. To create a shared view within the records section after selecting Preview CJ Lookup, select the new custom dataset link on the right side of the page. In the omni-search, enter one blank space and select enter. The blank space in the omni-search will return all records in the custom dataset. When no view exists, default text will appear with a link to the shared view editor called Edit Shared Views. Currently, views for custom datasets do not show up in the Shared Views tool.
In the Shared Views tool, select Create View, and make sure to check the checkbox 'Use this view as the default for all users for this base'. Add any desired exports and filters to the view.
The newly created view can be edited by selecting the custom views link next to the New Record button.
Creating a Custom Dataset Record
To create a new record for the custom dataset, navigate to the Records section, select the dataset from the right side list the new record is to be added for, and click on the New Record link. To create a new dataset record, only the name is required. If a key is provided, ensure the key is unique to the record in the dataset. The dataset record key field is a unique for matching field.