Akero is an award-winning, AI-powered student propensity and conversion platform that integrates with Slate and other marketing platforms to track the true cost of student acquisition and enrollment related to your advertising efforts.
This source format is used to import new Akero leads.
1. Click Database on the main navigation bar and select Source Format Library in the Import and Data Processing section. The Source Format Library page appears.
2. Locate the Akero Import line and click the Add link in the Status column. Select Add and OK to confirm adding the source format to the instance. The status changes to "Added."
3. The Akero Import source format page appears. Click Edit in the upper right corner of the page. A settings popup appears for the Akero Import source format.
4. Make any necessary changes to the source format, then click Save.
The /incoming/Akero/ directory is created the first time the SFTP sweep runs after the Source Format has been added to the database, which generally occurs approximately every 15 minutes. The directory can also be manually created if desired. This directory must exist before Akero connects, so keep this in mind when moving on to the following steps.
The Akero user account is a service account that will provide Akero with access to place files in your /incoming/Akero/ SFTP directory.
Caution: Do not change any other settings for the user account. These settings are required for Akero to successfully connect to Slate.
1. Click Database on the main navigation bar and select Slate Template Library in the Configurations section.
2. Click the refresh the Slate Template Library link at the top of the page.
3. Locate and select the Users heading. Locate the Akero Service Account line and click the Add link.
4. Select Add to add the user account.
5. Click Database on the main navigation bar and select User Permissions in the Users & Access section. The Active Users page appears.
6. On the Active Users page, select Service Account, Akero. The service account summary page appears.
7. Click Edit User in the upper right of the page. The Akero Service Account popup appears.
8. Select the Roles tab.
9. Locate the SFTP Access area and click the Reset Password link. A popup appears to confirm resetting. the password. Enter RESET in the popup and click OK.
10. Copy the generated password and paste it into a temporary document. This is the server password that you will provide to Akero. After selecting Save, this password will not appear again. The Reset Password link allows you to generate a new password if necessary.
11. Copy the Username line value. You will provide the username to Akero so that they can configure the SFTP connection.
Create an Akero ID Field
Akero sends a unique ID in its data files that can be used for matching purposes on both sides of the integration. Use the following steps to create this custom, unique for merging field:
- Select Database on the main navigation bar.
- Under Records and Datasets, select Fields.
- Select New Field.
- Create a field with the following settings:
Value: Store Value
Name: Akero ID
Field Type: Free Text
Unique for Merging: Value contains a unique ID that identifies a single record for merging.
- Click Save.
Customize the Akero Query and Schedule for Export
The Akero Export query allows you to send applicant data to Akero for pipeline tracking. Since some
exports are custom for each institution, additional configurations are required.
1. Click Database on the main navigation bar and select Suitcase.
2. Select Import.
3. Paste the Suitcase ID and click Retrieve. The Import Suitcase popup appears.
- Open the Queries tool and find the Akero Data Export query.
- Click Edit Query.
- Before making any changes, click Save Copy. This will enable you to view the original configurations or to start over if necessary.
- This query has been set up with standard data exports, a filter, and scheduled export settings. Exports and filters should be adjusted for your Slate database to send the correct records with the correct data for your Akero pipeline.
- Click Schedule Export to finalize the query and set up a daily export from Slate to Akero.
An endpoint with additional instructions for this step will be provided by the Akero Team.
Final Slate Configuration
Once you have received at least one data file from Akero, you will be able to confirm and customize the remap settings and activate the import for automatic processing.
The remap settings of the source format tell Slate how to process the data for the uploaded files. As with other standard source formats, standard fields have been pre-mapped, but you can adjust these standard mappings.
- Select Database on the main navigation bar and select Source Formats.
- Select the Akero source format.
- Select the Remap button.
- Several fields have been pre-mapped for convenience, but you can adjust these mappings as needed. Confirm and customize any destination field settings as desired.
Note: Be sure to map the Lead ID source field to the AkeroID custom field that you created in the previous step.
Once finished customizing the Remap settings, turn on the import using the following steps:
For assistance and support on any of the steps for Akero, contact them via email: email@example.com
For assistance and support on any of the steps in Slate, please submit a Community Forum post.