The Constituent Record is the hub of the database. The following is a summary of the constituent record's components.
The constituent record ties together the different areas of the database where information can be imported for a specific constituent like forms, events, upload dataset, etc... Through tabs/tools on the constituent record, data can be directly entered and displayed on the record. The constituent record is person scoped, and thus should be made up of "people." Constituent records can be queried on using the person base.
Constituent Record Header
The constituent record's header is made up of (from left to right): the full name of the constituent, constituent status, nine digit Slate Reference ID, and any watch flags added to the record.
Slate Reference ID
Watch flags will appear below the name. A watch flag is a highly visible message to alert administrators to any special information about the specific constituent record.
The record is made up of multiple default tabs, and any custom tabs. The default tabs are Dashboard, Timeline, Giving, Research, Profile, and Materials. The Research tab, while a database default can be enabled/disabled.
- Dashboard - overall summary of the constituent
- Timeline - chronological list of actions that have been taken on the constituent record, interactions, communications, data uploads, etc...
- Giving - summary of the constituents giving, along with gift management tools for the record
- Research - allows for the storing and management of data from both external and internal sources. Typically used for wealth screening and can be enabled/disabled for the database in the configuration keys tool.
- Profile - display/management of multiple personal data points like biographical data, contact information, relationships to other constituents, account settings, etc...
- Materials - display/management of any documents uploaded to the record
In addition to the default tabs, custom tabs can be created to provide direct data entry to the record, and display information. Custom tabs will always be appended after the Materials tab.