When attempting to connect to the Technolutions SFTP, it's important to use the Connection Validation Tool.
If your problem persists, confirm the following common issues aren't at play:
- Changes to User IDs in Slate may take up to 1 hour to populate throughout the system: If the change was made and the query immediately exported on demand, the query may not have recognized the username.
- Be sure the corresponding public key is installed on the remote server for this User ID: Some users find it helpful to test the connection using a username and password to rule out an issue with the public key pair.
- Double check key itself: does it match the key on the remote server for this User ID?
If you are using a keypair, it must be an RSA key: It must also include the following comments around the key itself:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Followed by the key, then:
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
- Check your firewall: Are Slate's connections allowed? Outbound connections from Slate are initiated from the following IP addresses, which should be included in your firewall whitelist:
- Parallel test: Ensure that you can hit the path via a parallel test from a different service, such as Filezilla. If you can access the path from the third party service, your credentials are probably correct—meaning something is misconfigured in your original tool.