Print and mail marketing is a familiar tactic for reaching prospects, inquiries, and applicants, but it's also an expensive and labor-intensive endeavor that can take up a lot of time. How do you keep your print mailings organized? How do you track what has been sent out, who it was sent to, and the responses received?
Slate Print automates all these processes, allowing you to spend less time on the logistical nightmare of printing and mailing—and more time focusing on the important stuff, like crafting compelling content for your message.
- Extensive list of print options beyond a typical postcard or letter campaign.
- Automate print mailings as part of ongoing campaigns.
- Hyper-personalize print pieces with record data.
- Track the physical mailings you send, allowing you to track the success of your promotions.
- Query on paper mailing.
Looking for Student Success?
Looking for Advancement?
We recommend reviewing the Slate Print Webinar. This webinar was co-hosted by Kathleen Cross, the Executive Vice President at MitteraEDU, the company that fulfills Slate Print pieces. The webinar provides a helpful explanation of the print process and examples of materials and customization.
Choose from an expansive (and growing) list of print options. These options have been generalized for this document. There are many variations of each option available. To see all options and costs associated with them, visit the Deliver Configuration page of Database.
Create Print Accounts
To get started, you must configure the following:
- MitteraEDU Account - If you do not already have a MitteraEDU account, the first time you select the Slate Print method when creating a new mailing and navigate to "Manage Templates," you will be directed to a web page from MitteraEDU.
- Slate Print Account - In addition to having an account with MitteraEDU, you must also establish a Print Account in Deliver Configurations.
If you do not already have a Slate Print account, the first time you select the Slate Print method when creating a new mailing and navigate to "Manage Templates," you will be directed to a web page from MitteraEDU.
When logged in to the Slate Print page powered by MitteraEDU, you'll find guidance on how to set up different projects along with resources, sample template files, pricing, paper options, and a space to review existing templates.
Slate Print Account
In addition to having an account with MitteraEDU, you must also establish a Print Account in Deliver Configurations:
1. Click Database on the navigation bar, and in the Messages section, select Deliver Configuration.
2. Under the Accounts section of the page, click Add Account.
3. Enter the following configurations in the popup window:
Create a Print Mailing
Configure the Mailing
1. Click Deliver on the Slate navigation bar. The Deliver page appears.
2. Click New Mailing. A New Mailing popup appears.
3. Change the Method to Slate Print. The options on the New Mailing popup change accordingly.
4. For Name, enter an appropriate name.
5. For Folder, if using folder organization (recommended), select a current folder or select Other and enter a new folder name.
6. Click Save. The mailing page appears.
7. Click Edit Message. The Edit Message popup appears.
8. Click Manage Templates to log into your MitteraEDU account and begin using sample files or create your own.
9. Select your print account
10. Complete all of the recipient section. MitteraEDU uses these variables to create the mailing panel. The merge fields used in a template should not use the same name as one of these variables.