The last staff assignment rule should capture any records that failed to match on prior rules. This serves as a catch-all to ensure that all person records are assigned to a staff member.
Default Rule - Rule #999
Create a Default rule and add to the Advisor Assignment exclusivity group with a priority of 999. Do not add any filters.
In this example, all records that fail to match on counselor assignment rules with a higher priority number will be assigned to a separate user.
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Rules.
- Click New Rule.
- Enter the following configurations in the popup window:
- Name - Advisor Assignment - Default
- Type - Field
- Base - Prospects
- Folder - Advisor Assignments
- Priority - 999
Configure the appropriate filters:
- Do not include any filters
Configure the appropriate action:
- Field - Advisor Assigned (or use the Staff Assignment default field if you wish)
- Action - Replace Values
- Prompt - Select the User that should be assigned any person records that should not meet the criteria of any prior rules