The Knowledge Base and Community Forums are designed to provide you with a complete self-service support option. You can receive information from the knowledge base or turn to the community for answers.
You can use search to find information in both the Knowledge Base and the Community simultaneously. The search results are displayed separately, with one set of filtering options for the Knowledge Base results and another set of filters for the community results.
Topics, Posts, Comments
The Community is divided into five categories:
- Admissions & Enrollment
- Student Success
The community is where you can post questions or ideas or provide answers. Community posts are associated with topics of discussion.
Clicking into a specific topic will bring you to a list of posts associated with that topic. We encourage you to follow topics of interest in the Community and Knowledge Base. You can follow individual articles, the sections that contain them, or the topics and posts in the Community Forums.
Clicking on a post will display the question or tip, followed by comments associated with that post.
The conversation will take place throughout the comments of the post. The people commenting here are comprised of the same individuals posting the questions and tips - you, the Slate community, Technolutions staff, and Preferred Partners.
Posting in the Community
You can participate in the community by posting or commenting to ask questions, provide answers, or share ideas, among other things. Before you post, it's always a good idea to run a quick search to see if the question has already been asked and answered in the community.
Make a Community Post
- Click New post in the top-right side of any community page.
- Enter a Title for your post.
- Details, which might include a question or tip.
- Use the toolbar for formatting options or to add links or images.
- You can add an image with a maximum file size of 2MB.
- @mentions: If you want to mention another user, type "@" begin typing, and then select the user you want to add from the autocomplete menu.
For instance, if you want to @mention Jane Doe, type "@Jan," then select Jane Doe. The user mentioned is automatically emailed, and now follows the post.
Sharing Links to Specific Comments
You can share a link to a comment on an article or a post to point users to the exact answer or solution.
- Click the options menu beside the comment, then select Permalink.
- Click Copy.
- Paste the link where you want to share it.
Sorting Content in the Community
You can view content in the community by browsing topics or by showing all the posts in community, regardless of topic. Within topics you can sort posts by newest, recent activity, likes, or comments. Within a post, you can sort comments according to date or likes.
Show All Topics
- On the community landing page, all Topics will show by default.
Sort Community Posts within a Topic
- In a community topic, select Most Recent Posts and click one of the following options:
- Newest post - (Default) Lists posts in the order they were created, starting with the most recently created
- Recent activity - Lists posts in the order of recent comments, starting with the post that most recently received a comment
- Most Likes - Lists posts in order by likes, starting with the post that has the most likes
- Comments - Lists posts in order by comments, starting with the post that has the most comments