Deliver uses opt-out message groups to provide a custom means for users to unsubscribe (or opt-out) from Deliver messages. Additionally, opt-out groups provide the capability to direct unsubscribing users to a follow-up form for collection of additional feedback.
The general process for creating the custom unsubscribe process is:
- Create a landing form with follow-up prompts.
- Create the custom message group, directing users to the landing form when they unsubscribe.
- Create the mailing, specifying the custom message group for unsubscribing (opt-outs).
(For information on Out-Out Message Groups, refer to the Message Groups (Opt-Out Groups) Knowledge Base article.)
Creating the Landing (Follow-Up) Form
- Click Forms on the top navigation bar.
- Click New Form. The New Form popup appears.
- Provide the required configurations.
- Click Save. The form summary page appears.
- Click Edit Form.
- Remove the default form elements by hovering over each field and clicking the X icon in the upper right of each form element. (Alternately, you can Ctrl-click several forms and delete them as a group.)
- Add the desired new form elements (for example, survey questions or feedback fields) to meet your data collection requirements.
- Click Edit Properties. The Edit Properties popup appears.
- For Scope, select Unsubscribe Survey.
- Click Save.
Creating the Message Group
- Click Database on the top navigation bar.
- In the Messages section, select Message Groups. The Message Groups page appears.
- Click the Insert link. The Insert Record in Message Group popup appears.
- Set the configurations.
- Status: Set to Active.
- Folder: If using folder organization (recommended), select an existing folder or select Other and provide a new folder name.
- Name: Give the message group an appropriate name.
- Unsubscribe Name: Add a descriptive name or internal-only short description. This only appears administratively.
- Unsubscribe Message: Use the WYSIWYG editor to craft an appropriate message for the user who is unsubscribing.
- Unsubscribe Form: Select the form created in the previous section of this article.
- Click Save.
Creating the Deliver Message
- Click Deliver on the top navigation bar.
- Click New Mailing.
- Create the mailing as usual.
- For Opt Out, select the Message Group created in the previous section of this article.
When the message recipient unsubscribes (opts out), they are directed to the custom landing page for the message group, and they will be offered the form to provide follow-up information. The opt-out tag for the record is also set.