This is an overview of how to get started with Slate.org as a CBO or Independent college counselor.
Slate.org is a free platform that allows you to:
- Invite students to join Slate.org
- Accept student counselor invitations
- Email students
- View applicant information and decisions in a read-only format
Get started with the registration process:
|1. Click Counselors Join Here on the slate.org website to create your free Slate.org account.||
2. Fill out the required fields and select Community-Based Organization with CEEB code/without CEEB code or Independent Counselor as your affiliation.
3. Provide a link to an online directory or page where your role, email address, and organization can be verified. If your information cannot be verified online, please upload a scanned copy of your business card.
|Account verification can be handled by any colleague at your institution who has an active Slate.org account. If no other active accounts exist, the verification process will be handled by Technolutions. We recommend using your work email address to expedite the verification process.|
From the Slate.org home page, you can do the following as a CBO/Independent counselor:
- View, accept, or decline student invitations via the counselor invitation feed
- View recent activities and updates regarding student invitations to Slate.org
Click Profile in the left navigation bar to:
|Keep your profile updated, including the name, location, and website. This information is public-facing and viewable by colleges who can sign up for a visit created by your organization in Slate.org.|
|Manage users who are affiliated with your CBO or organization, including adding new users, resetting passwords for existing users, approving pending account requests, or inactivating users who are no longer at your institution.|
|Clicking on pending users will allow you to approve or decline access via the Review New User popup window:|
Click Students in the left navigation bar to:
- Invite students to join Slate.org and grant you read-only access to application data and decisions
- View application statuses, checklists items, and decisions
|You will always see a list of the active students who have granted you access to application information and invited students awaiting a response.|
View Application Data
Here you will see the student's details and any applications they may have.
Slate.org allows for email correspondence with individual students.
1. Click Students.
2. Click the student’s name.
3. Click the student's email address to open the Send Message popup window.
4. Compose email and click Send.
Clicking Colleges in the left navigation toolbar will give you:
- A list of undergraduate colleges and universities that use Slate for admissions.
- The number of applications that are being shared with you.
- The ability to click on a college or university to see additional details regarding the application data they are sharing.
Manage college visits:
Allow any college or university to find and request registration for a visit, college fair, or workshop hosted by your organization.
Go to Visits in the toolbar in Slate.org to manage your Visit calendar and create new visits. Visits can be customized do the following:
|Thinking of being more exclusive? Send colleges and universities an invite:|
Add your institution’s iCal feed and personal calendars to the Visits calendar to help plan visits. You can add your Slate.org iCal feed to your external calendars, including Outlook and Google.
|Add US Holidays to your calendar and decide how you would like to color-code them:|
Click on the Help icon to:
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.