Students can share the following post-visit information through their Slate.org account:
- Contact information
- Verified academic profile data
- Self-reported academic profile data
- School data
- Interests (as in: Anticipated Entry Term, Student Type)
Student Profile Data Source Format: Adding The Source Format
The Slate.org Student Profile Data source format comes with the following source fields mapped to standard field destinations in Slate:
|School Start Date|
|School End Date|
|School Graduate Date|
|School Class Rank|
|School GPA Scale|
|Form/Event Registration Form (matches on the Slate.org event in your Slate database)|
To map the source fields Expected Entry Term and Student Type to custom field destinations:
Refer to the Upload Dataset Stages documentation for a refresher on mapping to fields and values in Upload Dataset.
The import will only use updated remap field settings configured on or after the remap date if the source format Remap Status is set to Active.
Updating Student Profile Import Settings
Undergraduate Slate databases include an active Slate.org Student Profile Data source format by default. This source format imports data shared with your institution by students enrolled in Slate.org. Activate or deactivate student profile sharing in the Slate.org Application Sharing Settings.
Use the following steps to deactivate or reactivate student profile data sharing:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Slate.org Application Sharing Settings.
- Under Slate.org Profile Import Settings, click the pause icon.
- Click Pause in the profile data popup window to pause import processing.
- Reactivate import processing by repeating these steps. Click the play button in step two, and click Resume in step three.
Student Profile Data Files
Every few hours, a web service runs to check for eligible records, similar to the application data sharing service.
The data is sent to the Web Service endpoint in your database for the source format and imported data if it finds that a student meets the following criteria:
- A registered student has indicated they wish to share their data with colleges.
- attended a visit with that college scheduled through Slate.org.
These data files appear in Upload Dataset Sources in your Slate database after your scheduled Slate.org visit has concluded.
If a student does not yet exist in your Slate database, you may create a new person record. Existing records match on the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- School CEEB
Additionally, students will be added as registrants to the corresponding Slate.org visit in your Slate database.
For information regarding Slate.org Visits, refer to Slate.org Visits documentation.