Technolutions has partnered with DonorSearch to quickly import screened prospect and donor data into Slate. The method to screen records involves two processes:
- Exporting data from Slate and uploading to DonorSearch
- Exporting screened records from DonorSearch and uploading to Slate
All of the elements needed for a seamless integration with DonorSearch are in the Research Library. Adding the DonorSearch source from the library brings the following items to your database:
- The DonorSearch research source
- The data keys needed for the DonorSearch source
- The prompts associated with certain data keys
- A screening query, formatted to DonorSearch specifications, that can be exported as a comma-separated value (CSV) file
- A Source Format to automatically consume the return file from DonorSearch
Once the DonorSearch item has been added from the library, perform the procedures provided below to identify and screen records.
|Best Practice - The source format added for DonorSearch behaves like all other source formats in Slate. Be sure to set the Remap Active setting to Active prior to uploading a file using the source format. Refer to the Source Formats section of the Knowledge Base for additional details on configuring source formats.