Deliver Configuration allows purchasing and managing credits and configured accounts for texting (SMS), voice/audio, fax, postcards, and letters delivered from Slate.
Deliver credits do not expire.
Note: The Administrator (All Access) role is required to access Deliver Configurations and complete purchases of SMS or Print credits.
- Click Database on the top navigation bar and select Deliver Configuration.
- The following sections appear:
- Balance: A quick reference of Total Credits purchased, Debits (Invoiced), Debits (Pending), and Active Balance.
- Total Credits: Each credit purchase with date and time of purchase and number of credits purchased.
- Debits (invoiced): Each credit debited from an account with month, number of credits debited, and the type of service (SMS, voice, additional number, etc.)
- Accounts: Service accounts that have already been configured.
- Service Rates: A series of drop-down charts with the current service rates by service.
To enable text messaging, an organization must first purchase SMS credits within Slate. This can be done through the Message Credits or Message Numbers admin tools. Upon purchasing a block of SMS credits (please allow up to 60 minutes for the transaction to be registered), you can return to Database > Deliver Configuration to provision a sender number in an area code of your choosing. This will be the number that appears as the "Caller ID" for all outgoing texts and to which return texts will be sent. The first number is included with each instance, and each additional number costs $1/month.
The following service accounts can be configured:
- Print: For physical printed materials configured in Slate.
- SMS/Voice: When adding a new account to use for Text Messaging, Robocalling, Faxing, and Webinar Audio Bridge, a new telephone number can be provisioned by searching for a new number by filtering on Area Code, Contains Digits, and/or Near ZIP Code. For example:
Once the number has been confirmed, the Voice Type should be selected to determine the action that will be taken for incoming calls to the selected number.
- Busy Signal: Caller will receive a busy signal.
- Forward Call: Call will be forward to the specified phone number. (Call forwarding will utilize 1 credit/minute for the inbound leg and 2 credits/minute for the outbound leg, a total of 3 credits/minute.)
- Conference Bridge: Number will be used as conference bridge.
- Inbound Fax: Number will be used for incoming fax messages.
Additional SMS/Voice numbers are available at the cost of $1 per month (billed as 100 credits per month) for each additional number.
Once a service account has been configured, credits can be purchased in blocks with a minimum of 10,000. The cost reflected is the cost that Slate is charged for these services provided by external providers, and Slate passes these charges onto Partners. To purchase credits, enter the first name, last name, and email address of the purchaser. Next, decide how many credits to purchase based on the following chart:
|Current cost for message credits|
|10,000 Credits||$100 USD|
|25,000 Credits||$250 USD|
|50,000 Credits||$500 USD|
|100,000 Credits||$1,000 USD|
|250,000 Credits||$2,500 USD|
|500,000 Credits||$5,000 USD|
Payment for credits can be made by:
- Credit Card: Requires card number, expiration, CVC, and billing address information
- Invoice for Payment by Corporate Check: Requires contact name, email, institution, and optional PO Number. Once the request is received, the invoice will be sent to the contact as soon as it is generated.
As indicated on the message credits page, within approximately 1 hour of the payment clearing, purchased credits will be available by returning to the Deliver Configuration tool. If paying by invoice, purchased credits will be available once the check has been received by Technolutions.
Message credits are used for all incoming and outgoing messages. For example, if you send one domestic SMS text from Slate and receive an SMS reply, your account will be charged one cent for each message.
These are the current service rates, which are subject to change. Rates shown in USD. $0.01 = 1 Credit
|SMS (inbound & outbound)||0.01||0.02|
|MMS (inbound & outbound)||0.02 (0.01/image)||0.04 (0.02/image)|
|Letter (B&W) Add'l Page||0.10||0.10|
|Letter (Color) Add'l Page||0.20||0.20|
Regarding Slate Voice
The cost of Slate Voice comes directly from the cost of the upstream telecommunications providers that count a partial minute as a full-minute. A call for 20 seconds would count as 1 minute, and a call for 1 minute and 20 seconds would count as 2 minutes. All of the pricing is pay-as-you-go, so there are no "line charges" where you're spending $50/month for a line regardless of utilization. Compared to the cost of a full year of a $50/month line, Slate Voice provides 500 hours of outbound minutes to destinations in the +1 country code.