Enrollment Management Association Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) Score Report PDFs can be imported into Slate using the Secondary School Admission Test Score Report PDF Source Format. Schools download the PDF zip file containing the essays and extract the PDF file. The PDF file (not the zip file) can then be imported into Slate. Each PDF contains a record ID (SSAT Registration Number) that matches on the record ID contained in the Secondary School Admission Test Score Data File, which must have been previously imported to the student record.
Likewise, Slate has a Secondary School Admission Test Score Data File Source Format to accomplish the SSAT test score and ID import. The SSAT test score data must be imported to the student record prior to importing the PDF score report, or the import will fail.
Importing the SSAT Score Report PDF Import
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Source Format Library.
- In the search box, enter "Secondary School Admission Test Score Report PDF" and select Add.
- Enter the following configurations in the popup window:
- Remap As of Date - Enter today's date.
- Remap Active - Select "Active"
(Since no mapping is necessary for this source format, selecting "Active" is recommended. For source formats that require manual mapping, "Inactive" should be selected until all mapping is complete.)
- Select Save.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Materials.
- In the Materials tool, select Insert and enter the following configurations:
- Key: Enter "sys:ssat_report" (This must match exactly, with no quotation marks.)
- Name: Enter a descriptive name (such as "SSAT Report PDF").
- Other configurations are optional.
- Select Save.
- In Upload Dataset, select Upload Dataset, select Secondary School Admission Test Score Report PDF as the File Format, place in a folder (if desired) and upload the PDF file (not the zip file).
- Select Upload. No additional action is necessary. The score report PDFs will be uploaded by matching the SSAT Registration Number on the PDF to the student record ID, as mentioned in the overview above. The PDF is accessible on the student record in the Materials section.
What about documents that cannot be matched with an existing record?
Any documents that were unable to be associated with a record will appear in Database > Batch Acquire where these documents can be manually assigned.