Only after all of the record, gift, and qualitative data has been imported can institutions start to meaningfully layer on automations and start constructing reports. For these elements, school's should leverage configurable join bases.
Examples of common automations to build include:
- Record Status (Donor, LYBUNT, SYBUNT, etc.) - using person status rules
- Giving Levels & Societies - using populations
- Affinity Group Populations - using populations
- Donor and Alumni Engagement Scoring - using field rules
- Scheduled gift query to the general ledger
- Daily gift report
- Year over year production report
- Gift officer portfolio metrics
|Best Practice—If possible, wait until the daily operations are underway—in a more manual way—before starting the automation process. Once the institution is comfortable with the general setup of the database, fold in automations and reporting to support the team.