Be sure to finalize an Admission Reply Form before moving on to post-decision rules.
If a change must be made to the form after your rules were built, be sure to re-test all rules based on that form because changes to the form may break existing rules.
After a matriculating student accepts your offer of admission and pays the enrollment deposit fee, a final decision code will be added automatically to the application tab of the person record:
Additionally, the Activities table on the application tab of the person record will update with a payment received activity:
If an enrolling student pays the enrollment deposit, this rule adds the Deposit Paid decision to the application tab of the person record.
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Rules Editor.
- Click New Rule.
- Enter the following Rule configurations in the popup window:
- Name - Add Enrollment Deposit Received Decision
- Population - Applications
- Type - Decision
- Trigger - Upon Update (Deferred)
- Folder - Put your rule in the folder you created for your decision rules.
- Exclusivity Group - Exclusivity Group is not needed.
- Status -Preview
Configure the appropriate filters:
- Payment Complete (Application Payment) - Returns application records that have made a full payment.
Payment Complete (Application Payment) Payment Account = Enrollment Deposit
- Application Period Active - Returns applications that are in an active or inactive period.
Application Period Active = Active
Configure the appropriate action:
- Add Decision - Select Deposit Paid.
- Letter - Set a letter if one exists. We do not recommend creating a letter for the Deposit Paid decision. If you do not have a letter, select the Default for Decision option.
- Prerequisites - Important: Slate treats prerequisite settings as logical ORs, not ANDs.
- Action - Select Confirm + Release.