The Person Record is where an individual's data is stored and displayed. This includes their status, biographical and contact information, a timeline of interactions, application materials, academic, scores, interests, and much more.
- Click Lookup in the top navigation bar.
- Click New Person.
- Enter the following User configurations in the next window:
- Email - Give the test record an email address that is accessible.
- First Name - It is a good practice to append the word TEST to the first and last name so this record is easily identified as a test record.
- Last Name - It is a good practice to append the word TEST to the first and last name so this record is easily identified as a test record.
- Birthdate - Provide a birthdate that is in the past (no unborn records may exist in Slate).
- Click Create, and a student record will be created in Slate.
- Status and ID - Records that are not manually assigned a status will display “Status.” The 9-digit Slate ID is automatically generated by Slate when a record is created.
- Student Record Tabs - Specific details about a person will be organized on these tabs.
- Student Record Data Details - Clicking on a tab will display particular details about the record. As fields, interactions, and other record details are added, that information will also appear in this area.
- Tags - Set the 'Test Record' tag.
A high-level summary of the person record is displayed on the Dashboard tab. Interactions associated with the person record will display on the Timeline tab.