The CommonAppPayment Source Format is optional for institutions who want to import payment data separately from the Common Application.
Many institutions do not use this source format to map payment data, since the payment data is included in the CommonApp Application file.
Because payments are not paid in Slate or via a process that updates Slate directly, no payment fields are pre-mapped. However, there are a few guidelines to consider if you process requires using this Source Format:
- Do not map a destination for the Common App ID. This field should remain unmapped.
- Do not map application Round information for this file.
- Do not map applicant data. This is already mapped in the CommonApp Source Format.
This file is useful for students who change their payment method after the submission of the Common App, or who need to resubmit their payment.
Remapping the Payments File
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Source Formats.
- From the Source Format Library, find the CommonAppPayment Source Format, select Add, and again in the popup.
- Select Remap to confirm destinations and to set up additional data mappings for this Source Format.