The CommonAppWriting Source Format is only applicable to institutions that have a writing supplement within the Common Application.
Remapping the Writing File
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Source Formats.
- Find the CommonAppWriting Source Format and select Remap to confirm destinations and to set up additional data mappings for this Source Format.
ImportantThis data will match on a student record using the Common App ID. Records will appear as Awaiting Merge until an application with the right Common App ID exists.
Many institutions choose to not map any additional fields in this file, since the supplement is also sent as a PDF. If you do decide to map this file, follow these simple guidelines:
- Do not change the mapping for the Common App ID.
- Do not map application Round information for this file.
- Do not map applicant data. This is already mapped in the CommonApp Source Format