Often queries are run with a specific business goal in mind. For example, a tag may be set for all records that meet a defined criteria.
Select the Interaction Management destination to add an interaction code for all records in query results.
For example, if everyone in a query received a viewbook, add the Mailing>Viewbook interaction like this:
Records Affected displays the number of records that will receive this new interaction code.
Select the Field Management destination to add, replace, or delete a field value for all records in query results.
- Select a custom field to update.
- Select an Action:
- Add to Values - Available only for fields configured to store multiple values. Append the selected value to the existing field values. If a record does not yet have a value for the selected field, one will be added.
- Replace Values - Replace existing field values with the new value selected. If a record does not yet have a value for the selected field, one will be added.
- Delete Values - Remove values for the selected field for all records in the query results.
- Select or enter the new field value.
Select the Tag Management destination to set or unset a tag for all records in query results.
- Select a Tag.
- Set or Unset the tag.
Select the Retroactive Refresh destination to simulate a record update. This is a helpful way to trigger rules or origin source calculations for records that have not been updated recently.
Records Affected displays the number of records that will be refreshed. For queries with an Application base, the associated Person record will also be updated: