While standard User Permissions grant access to a given function within Slate; Realms allow for more targeted restrictions of functional access to only objects contained within the Realm.
- Click Queries / Reports in the top navigation bar.
- Click New Query.
- In the popup window, configure the Query like any other Query. The only difference here is
- Realm - Select the appropriate Realm
- Sharing - Checking this box is optional. The Realm provides the highest level of restriction. Checked or not, only users in that realm can access the query.
What if the sharing setting is...
If the box is checked, then users in the Realm with any relevant Query permissions may access the query.
If the box is not checked, then only users in the Realm with the "Query (Edit All Users)" permission may access the query.
It's important to think of these permissions separately:
- Access to the Query (Query vs. Query Edit All Users permissions)
- Access to the Realm
The shared checkbox and Sharing Permissions grant those of a certain level access to the query, if they also happen to be in the Realm as well.