Be sure to finalize an Admission Reply Form before moving on to post-decision rules.
If a change must be made to the form after your rules were built, be sure to re-test all rules based on that form because changes to the form may break existing rules.
When an applicant declines your offer of admission, a new decision code will be added automatically to the application tab of the person record. Having a new decision code will make it easier for you to identify which applicants have replied to your offer of admission, but will not be matriculating. This is useful when managing your waitlist as well as your marketing campaigns.
Admitted applicants must provide a response to your offer of admission on your reply form:
Do you accept the offer of admission?
- I ACCEPT my offer of admission
- I DECLINE my offer of admission
Your Admit/Decline Rule will automatically add a new decision code to the application tab of the person record:
If an applicant declines your offer of admission, this rule adds the Admit/Decline Decision to the application tab of the person record.
- Click Forms in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Reply to Offer of Admission Form.
- Click Edit Form.
- Click Edit Rules.
- Click New Rule.
- Enter the following Rule configurations in the popup window:
- Name - Give the rule a clear name.
- Type - Select Decision for Type.
- Exclusivity Group - Select the "Decision Reply" Exclusivity Group for this rule.
- Non-Deterministic - Select 'Rule is deterministic and has an exclusive priority'.
- Priority - Set the Priority to 2.
- Status - Set the status to 'Preview'.
Configure the appropriate filters:
- Unmapped Required Form Field - Find the filter for the required question from your reply form and filter for DECLINE responses.
Decision_Reply IN I DECLINE my offer of admission
Configure the appropriate action:
- Add Decision - This selection will only display decisions with prerequisites assigned.
- Letter - Set a letter if one exists. We do not recommend creating a letter for the Admit/Decline decision. If you do not have a letter, select the Default for Decision option.
- Action - Select Confirm + Release.
Don’t See a Decision?
Remember that some decisions need to be configured with a prerequisite decision. For example, the Admit/Decline decision should only be an available decision for applicants with an Admit code that was previously added.
If Admit/Decline is not an option when configuring your rule action, you probably need to revisit the prerequisite settings for that decision code in Database > Decision Codes.