World Education Services (WES) evaluates degrees and diplomas earned by candidates abroad to determine their U.S. or Canadian equivalencies. WES provides document-by-document evaluations or course-by-course evaluations. More information about WES can be found on their website.
WES can push credential evaluation documents for applicants directly into your Slate database to minimize processing steps by your staff. Use the following procedure to configure the integration between Slate and WES.
Credit Evaluation Material Types
All documents imported into Slate must be assigned to a material type. You can use existing material types or create new material types for the WES evaluation reports in the Materials database tool.
World Education Services User Account
WES uses this service account for authentication when pushing documents into Slate.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Slate Template Library.
- Add the World Education Services Service Account in the Users section.
World Education Services Source Format
This source format is used to import the documents from WES.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Source Format Library.
- Add the World Education Services (DIP) source format.
- Download sample_file.zip (link provided at the end of this article) and upload this file to the World Education Services source format. The file contains an index file with only a header row, allowing you to configure the remap settings prior to receiving a file from WES.
Note: Upload the zip file as is. Do not extract the file prior to uploading it.
- Once the uploaded file has processed, configure the remap settings for the source format.
Note: Many items have been pre-mapped, including the Material Filename and Material Code destinations. While you are able to customize any other field mappings, the material destinations are required to import the documents, so these field mappings should not be changed.
- On the Value Mappings page, map the Material Code items to the specific material types that your institution will use for the credential evaluation reports.
The document types are:
- Edit the source format to set the Remap Active flag to Active once you are finished mapping. This will run the import using the settings configured above for all files uploaded on or after the Remap As Of Date.
WES must configure their systems to automatically send files to your Slate database. To initiate this configuration, please follow the steps on their Integrating With Slate page.
Note: You need to provide WES with the endpoint for your World Education Services source format. This endpoint can be found by selecting the View link under Web Services on the source format.