Grant the Release Decisions permission when assigning a population and the user will only see application records in that population in the decision groups when navigating through Release Decisions. For example, population permissions can be used to only display applications to the Psychology programs to the admin for the Psychology department.
To grant a user access to records enrolled in a population, assign the user the population via population permissions.
Upon navigating to Decision Release, the user will only see application records that are enrolled in the granted population.
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select User Permissions.
- Click on an existing Slate user.
- Click Edit User.
- Navigate to the Populations tab.
- Click Insert Population.
- Select the appropriate Application population from the Population drop down menu.
- Click the Release Decisions checkbox under Permissions.
Can I assign a role with a population permission?
Yes. When granting a user a population permission via a role, grant the role on the populations tab - DO NOT grant the role on the roles tab. The user will inherit all permissions granted by the role, but will inherit the population-capable permissions ONLY for the selected population.