A Watch Flag is a custom interaction that displays a yellow bar across the top of a person record, indicating an important message about the person.
Examples could include: VIP, a child of a faculty member, a local celebrity, or other high-level data that should be the first thing users know about the person. When added to a record, the watch flag persists above all tabs. Watch flags can also be added to dataset records.
Creating the Watch Flag Interaction
- Select Database in the top navigation bar and select Activity & Interaction Codes.
- Select Insert.
- Enter the following interaction configurations in the dialog box:
- Status: Set the status to Active.
- Folder: Keep your codes organized by putting them in a folder. Select Other to create a new folder.
- Type: Select the type of interaction.
- Code: Use the code "FLAG."
- Parent Code: Leave this setting blank.
- Label: The label is the display name of the interaction.
Adding Custom Interactions to Records
- Select Lookup in the top navigation bar.
- Search for and select a record.
- Select the Timeline tab of the Person Record.
- Select Interactions > New Interaction and enter the following interaction configurations in the dialog box:
- User: This defaults to the user name.
- Code: Select Watch Flag.
- Timestamp: This defaults to the current time, but the value may be overridden.
- Subject: The Subject will be visible on the Person Record. If the interaction code is sufficient, leave this blank.
- Private Comments: Private Comments are only visible administratively.
- Public Comments: Leave this setting cleared. If selected, the comment here will be made public.
Multiple Watch Flags
There is no limit to the amount of watch flags that are created on a record. Each watch flag will use the same "Code", and a unique "Subject".