User permissions can be managed in batch using Query.
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Slate Template Library.
- Add the 'Users' query base from the Slate Template Library. The User Query Base requires the following:
- Status - To activate the Query base, the status should be set to Active.
- Read Permission - Our recommendation would be to use the Security Administrator Permission. This would ensure that only those who can update user permissions can access this query base.
Upon adding the Users query base, refresh your browser window to see these new User related filters and exports. New standard filters and exports will be created in the Slate Template Library once this query base has been added. Add the exports and filters you need. The Users export 'Details' an all Users filters requires the following:
- Base - Associate these exports and filters with the appropriate base. Select 'Users'.
- Click Queries / Reports in the top navigation bar.
- Run a query with the new 'Users' query base to find the appropriate users that require updates.
- Select Security under Batch Management as the Output option.
- Select a Security Update Type.
- Assign Role - this will assign the selected role to all users in the query results
- Remove Role - this will remove the selected role from all users in the query results.
- Add Explicit Permission - this will add the selected permission to all users in the query results.
- Remove Explicit Permission - this will remove the selected permission from all users in the query results (this does not prevent the permission from being inherited from a role).
- Update User Status - Activate all users in the query results or Inactivate all users in the query results.
- Set User Expiration Date - Set an expiration date (upon this date the user will no longer have access to Slate) for all users in the query results. Leave the Expires After box blank to clear the Expiration Date from all users in the query results.
- Click Submit to update the selected Users