Please note: we only support the integration via their Checkout product.
In CASHNet, you will need to:
- Configure CASHNet (this is under HTTP notifications) to send a silent postback, using the Name Value Format (POST) option, to https://YOUR.SLATE.DOMAIN.edu/apply/payment?cmd=cashnet with the ref1value, tx (CASHNet transaction ID), and amount.
- You will also want to configure CASHNet to redirect the applicant in the browser, when finished, to https://YOUR.SLATE.DOMAIN.edu/apply/status using a GET request.
- Please reserve ref1 for a custom value called "SLATETX" that we can use to send our transaction data.
Note: if needed we can add conditional logic to send different itemcodes for different scenarios, or different merchant IDs for different payment accounts; that will typically add a few days to the project.
In the Service Request, please provide the following:
- The Posting URL
- The Merchant code that CASHnet provides.
- CASHNet offers the option of setting up custom fields for additional data; please give us the “ref” codes for any that you have set up, as well as any other fields or itemcodes that will be used, etc.
- For each ref code, let us know the source in Slate (e.g. the specific Slate field key) for the data that goes into the custom field.
- Ref items need to be sequentially numbered.
Your ref1 will have to be "SLATETX" ; we use this reftype to send our transaction data. It has to be ref1 and the spelling has to be exactly as outlined above. No exceptions!
If you are utilizing or charging a 'convenience fee' via CASHNet, please let us know in your original request.
We have encountered situations like this before, but this use case is rare. You will need to add a new item code (only in CASHNet) with a zero dollar value (non-editable); that second item code will act as a placeholder. Slate will pass in itemCode1 and amount1 (the actual fee amount due); in addition we will pass in itemCode2 (e.g. Slate) with amount $0. This will cause your convenience fee to be placed as an itemCode3/amount3, which is a field/value that Slate will ignore in the postback notification (so that the value of the resulting payment received activity in Slate matches your payment due amount exactly).