Updates have been published for the existing AP Score Data File source formats (Fixed Width 2015 and PGP 2015) to accommodate the July 1 update for the AP score file layout.
Additionally, AP Research has been added to the Slate Template Library as a new test type.
To prepare for the new file layout:
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Slate Template Library.
- Add the new AP Research test type.
- Go to the Format Definition for the AP Score Data File source format (either Fixed Width 2015 or PGP 2015, depending on the the type of file you receive):
- On the Value Mappings page, use the Append Values button to add the value Research to each of the Exam Code fields (mapped to Test: AP - Subtype). Then use the Guess Below link, which will map this new value to the new AP Research test type. You will need to do this for all 30 exam codes.
- Add mappings for the new race/ethnicity fields. The existing Ethnic Group field is being deprecated and replaced with the fields listed below. Note: It is recommended that you keep the current mappings for Ethnic Group in case you will need to upload a file that you received prior to the July 1 file change. The new files will not contain any data in that location of the file, so new files will not be affected by this remaining mapped.
- Race/Ethnicity - Cuban
- Race/Ethnicity - Mexican
- Race/Ethnicity - Puerto Rican
- Race/Ethnicity - Other Hispanic or Latino
- Race/Ethnicity - Non-Hispanic or Latino
- Race/Ethnicity - American Indian or Alaska Native
- Race/Ethnicity - Asian
- Race/Ethnicity - Black or African American
- Race/Ethnicity - Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Race/Ethnicity - White
- Race/Ethnicity - Other
All of the fields above will have the value Y (if the student indicated this race/ethnicity) or will be blank. If you will be mapping any of these fields, use the Append Values button to append the value Y so that you can pre-map these values.
- Derived Federal Race/Ethnicity
This field will have the values listed in the crosswalk:
- No Response
- American Indian/Alaska Native
- Black/African American
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Two or more races, non-Hispanic
If you will be mapping this field, use the Append Values button so that you can pre-map these values.
- If you are mapping Award Type [1 -6], there are two new values that can be in these fields, so append these values so that you can pre-map them:
- AP Capstone Diploma
- AP Seminar and Research Certificate
*If you do not see these fields in the Format Definition, you can update the "Remap As Of Date" setting for the AP Score Data File to the current date - this will force update the source fields that you see.*