The TransferCommonAppMaterials source format allows you to select the specific materials that the file types should be saved as in Slate. Since this is not actually a data feed, you will not see records appear for this source format.
Before mapping the TransferCommonAppMaterials format, first create materials in Slate. Add materials through the Database module under the Materials link.
Remapping the Materials File
- Select Database from the top navigation bar and select Source Formats.
- Find the TransferCommonAppMaterials Source Format and select Remap to confirm destinations and to set up additional data mappings for this Source Format.
- Go to the Value Mappings page.
ImportantThe CommonApp Materials source format does not contain data points to map. Material type translations must be configured.
Setting Up Mappings
Specify the material destination value in Slate for the types of Common Application PDFs.
We recommend setting up CommonApp materials in a one-to-one relationship with a distinct material type in Slate.
There is no way to retroactively refresh previously uploaded documents; they will continue to be associated with the original material type.
Eight possible document types are found in the source format value mapping:
- EvaluationHIgh School Official
ImportantYou may choose to consolidate some Common App materials into one material type in Slate. For example, various Common App Materials could be categorized as Transcript in Slate. However, there is no way to retroactively refresh this if mappings are changed later.
Not Seeing These Materials on Student Records?
- Unmapped documents sit in a queue. If you choose to map an additional file type to a Slate material, those documents will come into Slate during the next material import process.
- If you are not seeing PDF materials in your Slate transfer applicant records, check to see if you have mapped to a Slate material.
- Transfer Common App Materials will only begin to display once the TransferCommonApp file (the transfer applications file) has been activated and an application has been created for a record. After the application associated with a material is created, the material import process will associate those materials with the application.
- Only the CommonApp transcripts can be mapped to school-scoped materials. All other materials should be mapped to Person/Application-scoped materials in Slate.
- The Transfer Common App materials are imported by a script and are only be imported between 2:30 and 10:30 am. Additionally, materials are not imported in the Test Environment.