IMPORTANT: As of December 17, 2021, our fax partner has discontinued their service, forcing Technolutions to eliminate our direct fax support. Instead, we recommend you configure a new number with a fax-to-email service such as RingCentral, and then set up an Inbox group with a type of Scan to Batch Acquire. This will allow you to continue to receive faxes received as emails into Batch Acquire for assignment to records as usual.
For more information on this migration path:
- Using RingCentral to receive faxes via email
- Configuring Inbox
- When adding a new Inbox group for fax purposes, select a type of "Scan to Batch Acquire."
- All messages received via the inbox group email address will appear in Batch Acquire for record assignment.
Inbound Faxing allows for a fax number to be provisioned in Slate that will send incoming faxes directly to Batch Acquire. This eliminates the need to scan faxed documents before assigning them to the appropriate record.
To configure a fax number:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Deliver Configuration.
- Click Add Account.
- Select SMS/Voice as the service.
- Follow the prompts to select a phone number.
- Once the new number has been added, click on it and change the Voice setting to Inbound Fax.
- If desired, change the Name of the account (for example, Inbound Fax).
When faxes are sent to an inbound fax number, the document will appear in Batch Acquire under the heading Inbound Fax to XXX-XXX-XXXX. Documents can be assigned and/or deleted as they normally would in Batch Acquire.