Partner institutions can enable applicants to enter a personalized message in the Slate-hosted application that can be included in the email notification recommenders receive, and will display to their recommenders on the recommendation form. The message is entered and can be customized for each recommender the applicant adds to provide context for the recommendation, and a personal touch.
The custom message for recommenders can be enabled or disabled in the Application Editor.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Application Editor.
- Choose the appropriate /apply/ link for the application base in which the custom message will be enabled. NOTE: If only one application base exists, the only link that will appear will be /apply/.
- Select the data row labeled "ref" to access the configurations for the recommendations page.
- Select General Settings.
- Enter the following configurations:
- Enable Personal Message from Applicant - Set to 'Enabled' or 'Enable with Custom Label' to activate this feature in the Slate-hosted application.
- Personal Message from Applicant Help (optional) - Enter any help text that should appear to assist applicants.
Any text that an applicant enters can be merged into the automatic system mailing that notifies the recommender of the recommendation request using the merge field 'personal_message.' The text will also appear at the top of the recommendation form the recommender is requested to complete:
In addition to being available as a merge field in the automatic system email, the custom message is available as a data point that can be exported and will also be displayed on the Auto PDF of the recommendation in the Reader.