You can require that the application fee is either paid or waived at submission time by selecting Yes for the Require Payment option on a particular application round.
Enabling the Require Payment to Submit Application within an Application Round configuration has three primary effects:
- Modify the language of the Submit Application button on the Review page, to read Finalize Application and Pay.
- After selecting Finalize Application and Pay, and until payment has been completed for an application, the Application Management page displays that application's status as "Awaiting Payment."
- After selecting Finalize Application and Pay, and until payment has been completed for an application, opening an application automatically takes the user to the Application Fee Payment page. Only until payment has been received or waived can the applicant proceed to the Application Status Portal.
There are some practical considerations to be made when enabling this functionality, since selecting Finalize Application and Pay immediately sets the application's submission date.
- Application Fee activity rules can continue to be configured using the Upon Application Submission Only trigger.
- It is advisable to employ an Awaiting Payment application status rule to identify applicants who have finalized their application and who did not submit payment immediately.
- If Application Waivers are offered, make considerations for managing situations where an applicant pays the fee and then subsequently discovers they were eligible for a waiver at a later time.