The Application Editor is primarily used to make modifications to standard Slate-hosted application pages, such as selecting which fields are displayed or required, applying custom labels to pages or individual fields, and renaming and reordering pages in the application navigation.
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Slate Template Library.
- Click Show/Hide to expand the "Files" section.
- Click Add on the row for "Slate-Hosted Application."
The standard Slate-Hosted Application Base includes application pages and questions that are regularly needed by most institutions. Take time to familiarize yourself with the standard pages included in the application base and the questions that are already included on each page.
Anything that is custom to your institutional application will be added to the application using Custom Application Pages. These pages will be created using application page-scoped forms.
To access and edit the configurations for standard pages in the Slate-hosted application:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Application Editor.
- Click /apply/ to access the configurations for the Slate-delivered pages of the application.
- Click on a menu item (such as "Personal Background," "Academic History," or "Employment") to access the configuration settings for that standard application page.
- Go to General Settings to access the configurations for that application page and use the Edit Configuration window to edit your standard application page.
- Show, hide, or change the question label for any item on the page, and click Save.
To add or customize instructional text on the Register Account Page, simply access the "Person Scoped Configuration" /base.xml link found in the Application Editor.
Impersonate a test applicant after making changes to a standard application page in the Application Editor and check your work.