Entity Widgets can be used in the following Page Construction-scoped forms:
- Person Page (to be viewed on custom person tabs)
- Application Page (for custom application tabs, as well as pages within the Slate-hosted application).
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Entities.
- Click Insert.
- Name the Entity.
Once the Entity has been created, create entity-scoped fields:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Fields.
- Click Insert.
- Specify the requisite information. Most importantly:
- Scope - Entity
- Entity - Select the appropriate entity
- ID - Prefix with the name of the entity (e.g., "scholarship_amount").
- Data Type - Set to whatever is appropriate for the field (e.g., "Text/Unspecified," "Real," etc.)
Slate can relate Entities to a Dataset by using a field with the Data Type of "Related Dataset Row."
Widgets are the container for Entity object. Once configured, this widget can then be added to forms.
To create an entity-scoped widget:
- Select Database from the top navigation.
- From the Queries section, select Refresh the Configurable Joins Library.
- Select Forms from the top navigation.
- Click New Form, then select Edit Form
- Select Edit Properties, and specify the following configurations:
- Scope - Set to Entity Widget
- Entity - Set this to the desired Entity
- Populate the form with the desired entity-scoped fields. These fields should represent the data that should be collected and stored for each entity entry. For example: Scholarship field, Scholarship account, Scholarship approved, and Scholarship amount.
- The Custom List Fields area within Edit Properties allows you to define exports (columns), filters, and sorts. This controls what values appear on Forms that leverage the widget.
This Widget can now be used in Slate on form as a custom tab or inside the Slate application. To add the entity widget on a tab or an application page, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the desired custom tab form or application page form in the Forms tool
- Edit the form and drag in the "Widget Table" option for the Form Fields Palette
- Give the widget a label if desired, select the form that was just created under "Widget Form", and enter the text that should display when an entity record is added under "Add Text".
- Enter a limit for the number of table rows, if desired. When interacting with the widget on the form, if the number of rows reaches the specified limit, the "Add" feature is disabled.
- Adjust other settings as desired.
- This will display the entity widget on the tab or application page.
This data can also be collected on a form without the widget. To map entity-scoped information on a form:
- Navigate to the desired form.
- Add an object from the Form Palette Tool that correlates to the field that should be mapped (i.e. a prompt-driven field should be mapped with a "Select List" or "Option Buttons").
- Select the Entity in the first System Field drop-down.
- Select the entity-scoped field in the second System Field drop-down.
- Enter other requisite information.