The Source Metadata scope within Forms allows for the association of a form with a source format. This form can collect information related and/or not related to the source format. This type of form is useful when determining ROI for name buys, tracking costs of search lists, etc.
To create source-specific fields, go to the Fields section of the Database tool and insert a new field (or fields) with the scope of "Source."
To create a Source Metadata scoped form:
- Select Forms on the top navigation bar.
- Select New Form.
- Give the form a name and set the status as Active/Confirmed.
- Remove all fields from the form.
- Select Edit Properties and modify the scope to Source Metadata; fields can now be added to the form and mapped to the newly created Source-scoped fields.
To associate a Source Metadata scoped form with a source format:
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Source Formats.
- Select the source format that the source metadata form should be associated with.
- Select Edit on the Source Format.
- Select the desired form for the Source Metadata setting.
Once created and associated with a Source Format, the form can be accessed manually in Upload Dataset. Select the source upload and then select Metadata.
The source metadata form data may also be viewed by running a query from the form, itself, in order to export all Source metadata values.