Trips build on the fundamental skills learned when using Events and Scheduler. It allows for the organization of events, slots, stops, and notes under an overarching trip for ease-of-tracking. Many times, this feature is used by users that travel off-campus to meet with constituents and host events. To get started:
- Click Events in the top navigation bar.
- Click Trips in the right hand column.
- Click New Trip.
- Enter the following trip configurations in the popup window:
- Name - Give the trip a descriptive name.
- Notes Form - If a notes form should be associated with a trip, select the appropriate form. Please see Trip Notes and Integration with Voyager for more information on creating and associating forms with trips. These notes forms can be used to track information and data regarding the trip.
- Notes - Include notes, if necessary. These notes will be for internal purposes only. Example notes in this section might include travel confirmation numbers, flight information, etc.
- Click Save. This will create a trip.
Who can view trips?
Trips are administrative and used for organizational purposes. For this reason, a trip cannot be linked to from a public page and cannot be pulled into a Google calendar.
Trip notes are different from event notes. Trip notes will only be associated with the trip itself, while event notes will tie to the specific event.