This article describes how to customize and replace the New Record form for the Person, Organization, Organization Contacts and custom datasets.
- In the top navigation bar, click Forms.
- Click New Form.
- Enter the following Form configurations in the popup window:
- Page Title - The Page Title will be the name of the form.
- Folder - File the form in a folder to keep things organized. Select Other to create a new folder.
- Status - Set the Status to Confirmed/Active.
Skip all other configuration settings for now.
- Click Save.
- Click Edit Form.
- Click Edit Properties.
- Select the appropriate Scope of the form to match the dataset in which the new record is to be added from this form. If this form is for a custom dataset, select the Dataset scope, and from the drop-down list select the appropriate custom Dataset from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Remove all of the default form fields from the form by clicking the red X (if necessary).
- Add in the form fields desired when creating a new record.
Click the Slate Scholar Lightbulb in the top left corner for a complete listing of all setting descriptions.
For any record creation form, Slate will evaluate the dataset Unique for Merging form field to determine whether or not the incoming data should match on an existing record. The following form field(s) for the appropriate dataset must exist on the New Record form for the consolidation of records to occur:
- Person: First Name + Last Name + Email address or First Name + Last Name + DOB
- Organization: CEEB
- Organization Contact: The Unique for Merging field
- Custom or Advancement Datasets: The Unique for Merging field
- Within the New Record form that was created, click New Registration.
- In the webpage URL, copy the URL from "/manage" onward, leaving out the domain.
- In the top navigation bar, click Database and select Query Bases.
- Select the query base that should be associated with the New Person form. For example:
- To customize the New Person button for person records, select Lookup.
- To customize the New Record button for organization records, select Organizations.
- To customize/add the New Record button for organization contact records, select Organization Contacts.
- In the Create Record URL setting, paste the "New Registration" link copied from Step 2.
- Click Save.
Once this query base is updated, the New Person button associated with that query base will open the custom form.
The custom New Record link saved on the Lookup query base will also be referenced when creating a record from an Inbox message. The Create Record link will be default reference the new record form link of the Lookup query base, unless a record from a different dataset (such as Organization Contacts) was assigned previously. It is best practice to confirm that the form submitted by the Create Record link is associated with the correct scope for the record being created.