Tags appear on the Dashboard tab of the Student Record and are designed to identify populations at a high-visibility level. For example, setting the Test Record tag provides an easy way to identify records that were created to test your processes. Two tags are automatically included in the Slate instance:
- Opt Out
- Test Record
Tags provide a quick way to view or set high level information, but they should not be used in place of fields. Overpopulation of the Tags area makes these items less effective. Most institutions find that the Opt Out and Test Record tags are the only tags that they need.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Tags.
- Select Insert.
- Enter the following configurations in the popup window:
- Status: Set the status to Active.
- ID: Create an ID that is all lowercase letters with no spaces (for example, "legacy").
- Name: This is the name of the tag that will appear on the Dashboard tab.
- Dataset: Leave the Dataset field blank.
- Warning: (optional) Enter a warning message that will appear when a tag is being administratively set or unset.
- Type: Select Scope of Person.
- Order: By default, tags appear in alphabetical order. Add an order to override this behavior.
- Show in Reader: Set to Active (this allows for tags to be visible when reading application.)
- Select Save.