Create multiple unsubscribe options in Deliver mailings with Message Groups. These message groups allow for the message recipient to opt out of a single message group (such as undergraduate, graduate, history department, etc.), rather than setting the "Opt Out" tag by opting out from all future communications. When sending emails where exclusion from a particular opt-out message group is desired, the "Opted Out of Mailing Groups" filter can be used.
Use the following steps to create a population and a rule to add records to that population:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Message Groups.
- Click Insert.
- Enter the following user configurations in the popup window:
- Active - Set the new message group to "active" to begin using it immediately.
- Name - This is the internal name for the message group.
- Unsubscribe Name - This is the name that message recipients will see when choosing to unsubscribe.
Use the following steps to add a message group to a mailing:
- Click Deliver in the top navigation bar.
- Select the mailing that to add the message group to.
- Click Edit in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the message group within the opt out setting.
- Click Save.
The Message Group option will only display when you click on the opt-out link from a delivered message. The message that displays in the Deliver interface will only lead to the standard opt-out page without the Message Group option when the opt-out link is clicked.
Administratively on the person's record, clicking on the specific message group present on the Dashboard tab of their record and clicking "ok" when prompted with the question "Do you want to change this unsubscribe preference?"