In the default Slate-Hosted Application, the employment history page (identified by the part ID job) consists of a pre-made module that allows students to enter their work history.
This article covers the creation of a custom employment history page in the Slate-Hosted Application using a Slate-Hosted Application Page-scoped form. The standard employment history page can be mimicked—and expanded upon—with the job widget.
Four steps to creating a custom employment history page:
- Create a Slate-hosted-application-page-scoped form.
- Create a widget-scoped form.
- Add the widget to the Slate-hosted-application-page-scoped form.
- Add the Slate-hosted-application-page-scoped form to a Slate application.
Important"Present" does not appear as an option in the employment end date field in the custom widget. Instruct applicants to leave the field blank if the job is the current position and "Present" will be saved as the end date value.
Step One: Create the Slate-Hosted Application Page
This form serves as the host for the widgets you'll create later.
Step Two: Create the Widget
Try a Slate Example
Use Briefcase to import our ready-made example Job Widget form. Be sure to open and re-save each form field to break any potential cache from the briefcase import.
- Select Forms from the main navigation.
- Click New Form. A popup appears.
- In the New Form popup, enter the following:
- Page Title: Give the form a descriptive title.
- Status: Set the status to Confirmed/Active.
- Folder: Add the form to an existing folder, or select Other to create a new one.
- Click Save.
- Click Edit Form on the right side.
- Click Edit Properties. A popup appears.
Be sure to map all fields in the widget to system fields of the same scope. Any custom fields created to be used in the widget should match the scope of the widget.
After the widget form is configured, add exports to define the data columns that will be displayed back to the person completing the form.
- Click Edit Properties.
- Under Custom List Fields, add the desired exports to display data entered in the widget.
- Click Save.
Step Three: Add the Widgets to the Host Form
Adding the widget form to the host form.
Step Four: Add the Host Form to a Slate Application
The application form widget is now active in the application. Be sure to test that data entered into the widget is saving back to the appropriate table on the Profile tab of the Person record.