Offline reading is available through the Slate mobile app for the Apple iPad (Version 1.2.0/iOS 9.0 or later should be downloaded).
In order to use offline reading, this feature must be enabled. To enable online reading:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Configuration Keys.
- Click Insert.
- Enter the following User configurations in the popup window:
- Key - Select 'Reader / Offline Reading (0=Disable, 1=Enable)'
- Value - To enable type '1'
- Click Save.
After configuring the database to support offline reading via the configuration key, users can take advantage of offline reading in the following ways:
- When files are in a users queue, the "Sync Offline" button will be available for files in the queue
- Once synced offline, the files will be available to read/review without an internet connection:
- The files can be read, and reader review forms can be submitted. Once re-connected to wi-fi, the "Resync" button becomes available.
Using the offline reading feature will download data to the local device to be used while the device is not connected to the internet.
Prior to activating this feature, please encourage users to read Mobile Device Security