Rules can be leveraged to automatically set an interaction on a Person record based on custom filter criteria.
- Click Database in the top navigation bar and select Rules Editor.
- Click New Rule.
- Enter the following configurations in the popup window:
- Name: Set (Interaction Name) Interaction
- Base: Prospects
- Type: Interaction
- Folder: Interactions
- Click Save.
Configure the appropriate filters:
- Select any filter to determine the population that should be assigned a particular interaction.
Configure the appropriate action:
- User: Select the administrative Slate user to be associated with this interaction every time the interaction is added.
- Code: Select the interaction code to be inserted on the person record. Additional options may be available depending on the type of code selected.
- Subject: Provide a subject that will display on the timeline of a person record. For a watch flag, the subject is what displays on the top of the entire person record.
- Private Comments: If necessary, provide static private comments. These comments are visible only upon clicking into the interaction from the timeline and are not displayed to the student/person.
- Public - Optional: Selecting this setting allows the subject and public comments to be visible to the student/person through their application status portal.
- Public Comments - Optional: These comments will be displayed to the student/person.
An Activity/Interaction is added by a rule only if that activity/interaction does not already exist on the record from the same rule/source.