Hard and Soft Fails can be added to an application through the Application Logic function within Slate.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Application Logic.
- Select Insert.
- Enter the following configurations for each desired submission requirement:
- Status: Make your requirement status Active.
- Folder: Keep your records organized by putting them in a folder. Select Other to create a new folder.
- Type: Type should be Submission Requirement.
- Name: Provide the text that will display when the applicant is missing information.
- Warning:Select Hard Fail or a Soft Fail.
- Group: Group is optional. Add a Group here to quickly restrict the requirement to only the applicants who meet the group criteria you set up earlier. Slate will automatically include the filter criteria for the group in the requirement rule.
- Base: Select Applications as the base
Select the Light Bulb for a complete listing of all setting descriptions.
What the submission requirement does:
Prevents submission of the application if the applicant selected a program where that program’s special deadline has passed.
Within the Application Logic configuration, set the following:
- Section: Select the page where the program-specific custom field(s) appears.
- Current Date - Returns prospects when today's date is <,>,= to a specific date.
- Program of Study - Returns applicants who have selected a specific value from the custom field.
Who will see this submission requirement?
Applicants to the Engineering or English programs who are accessing the Review page after 01/01/2018 at 11:59:59 PM.
Use the deadline on your application rounds whenever possible. If only some of your programs have different deadlines, you may decide to make submission requirements to accomplish this. Be sure to include all program-specific deadline information in your application instructions so applicants know which programs are available.
Program-specific deadlines should never occur after the application round deadline. The deadline on the round restricts all external access to the application after that date.