Hard and soft fails can be added to an application through the Application Logic function within Slate.
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Application Logic.
- Select Insert.
- Enter the following configurations in the dialog box for each desired submission requirement:
- Status: Set to Active.
- Folder: Keep your records organized by putting them in a folder. Select Other to create a new folder.
- Type: Set to Submission Requirement.
- Name: Provide the text to display when the applicant is missing information.
- Warning: Select Hard Fail or a Soft Fail.
- Group (optional): Add a Group here to quickly restrict the requirement to only the applicants who meet the group criteria you set up earlier. Slate automatically includes the filter criteria for the group in the requirement rule.
- Base: Set to Applications.
Select the Light Bulb for a complete listing of all setting descriptions.
This submission requirement displays a warning if the applicant has not entered a job on the Work Experience page.
- Section: Select the Work Experience page, which will begin as "job -"
- Job Exists: Returns prospect based on the existence or non-existence of a job
Soft Fail or Hard Fail?
If you require that applicants have previous work experience, select Hard Fail to prevent application submission without entering job history. Otherwise, select Soft Fail to only display a warning.
Who will see this submission requirement?
Applicants who have not entered any job history information.