Adding a decision reason can be an effective way to further define the decision and quickly isolate particular records. For example, a person may be admitted by the dean of admissions. This student might have a decision code of Admit and a decision reason of Dean Admit.
Decision reasons are optional but useful when clarifying a business process.
Consider skipping this step early on and revisiting decision reasons after creating decision letters and reply forms.
Adding a Decision Reason
- Select Database on the top navigation bar and select Decision Reasons.
- Select Insert.
- Enter the following decision reason configurations in the dialog box:
- Decision Code: Select the decision code that will be the parent code of the decision reason.
- Reason: Give the decision reason a clear name.
- Export: If records with this decision reason will be exported to another system, provide the export code here. We recommend skipping this setting now and revisiting this item when beginning work on data exports.