As a best practice, any data collected in an application should be mapped to application-scoped system fields. To create application-scoped fields:
- Click Database in the top navigation bar.
- Select Fields.
- Click Insert.
- Enter the following configurations in the dialog box:
- Status - Set the status to "Active."
- Scope - Set the scope to "Application."
- ID - Provide a computer-friendly id for the field, such as "app_degree."
- Name - Provide a human-friendly name for this field, such as "Degree."
- Prompt - Connect to a prompt list, if required.
- Value - Select "Store Prompt ID" if connected to a prompt list. If storing a free-text value (or special prompt), select "Store Value."
Click the Slate Scholar Lightbulb in the top left corner for a complete listing of all setting descriptions.