Some institutions need to clone a submitted application for deferral processes or when applicants can apply for multiple programs via one application and the institution needs to create separate application records in the database. Cloned applications will be related to the original application, called the Master Application.
Only submitted applications can be cloned, and will not include:
- Video Essays from the master application
- Digital Portfolio
Cloning an Application
- From the top navigation bar, select Records.
- Use Lookup to search for the appropriate student record.
- Select the application tab to be cloned.
- Select Edit Application Details from the right-hand navigation.
- Select Clone. (If the application has not been submitted, an application cannot be cloned.)
- From the Round list, select a round for the new application.
Select which Application-scoped material types and payment information should be carried over to the cloned application. In this example, only materials of the type Letter of Recommendation, Resume, and High School Transcript will be cloned.
Selecting or unselecting Copy Materials will include or exclude all application-scoped material types with one click.
By default, the Copy Materials and Waive Application Fee options are selected. If a process requires the cloned app to have new materials or another application fee, clear the applicable options before selecting Clone.
If the Round for the cloned application is set to allow a status page, the applicant will then have two application applications/status pages when they log in.