||The display name of the rule. This name will only be visible administratively.
||Select the rule base. Bases include:
- Prospects (including opt-outs)
- Organization Contacts
- Slate Template Library - Document Export (Application)
- Slate Template Library - Message Inbox
- Slate Template Library - Organization Contacts
- Slate Template Library - Prospects (including opt-outs)
- Prospects and Applicants
The rules tool ignores the WHERE clause of the selected query base. You will want to use filters in the rule to reliably control which records do satisfy the rule.
||Type is determined by the base selected.
||Determine the appropriate trigger for the rule.
- Upon Update (Deferred) - The rule will evaluate and take action on records upon update.
- Update Application Submission Only - The rule will evaluate and take action on records upon application submission.
- Upon Person update (Overnight Processing) - The rule will evaluate and take action on records updated throughout the day overnight.
||Select an existing folder for the rule or select 'Other' to create a new one.
||Select an existing Exclusivity Group for the rule or select 'Other' to create a new one.
||If the rule should reside in an Exclusivity Group, determine if the rule should be non-deterministic:
- Rule is deterministic and has an exclusivity priority - Deterministic Rules should have unique priority rankings within the exclusivity group.
- Rules within group and priority should be randomized - Rules configured for random assignment should all have the same priority ranking. As records are updated, there will be a random selection among these rules to take action on the record.
||If the rule is deterministic and belongs to an exclusivity group, provide the priority of the rule.
||When creating a new rule, the options include:
- Inactive - Inactive rules do not evaluate or take action on records.
- Preview - Rules in preview status can be viewed in Preview Actions and Check Rules but not take action on records.
When editing a rule, a third option is made available:
- Active - Active rules will evaluate and take action on records.