||Set the status to 'Active' for Fields that are currently being used.
- Active materials are available for selection externally on an application or form.
- Inactive materials will only be available administratively. Inactivated materials will continue to store data associated with them.
||This is the code that Slate will use to store fields in the database. It is best practice to create this ID in all lowercase with no spaces or special characters other than an underscore. Once this ID is set and in use, the ID should not be changed. This ID is used in the storage of the data in the database, and it is not a value that most administrative staff will see.
||The name of the material will be visible administratively and externally. It is acceptable to change the name, even if data already exists for the field.
||Configure up to 5 export values for a material. Export values can be used in exports to external systems, including an SIS.
||Designate the scope of the material. There are a number of material scopes: Person/Application, Dataset, Reference, School Report, School, and Test.
- Person/Application - This scope should be used if materials should be associated with either a person (Folio) or an application.
- Dataset - This scope should be used if a material should be associated with a particular dataset. For example, if a dataset contains Schools and each has its own Brochure/Viewbook type of material, then the material scope for this particular Brochure/Viewbook material would be Dataset. An uploaded Brochure/Viewbook material would have information specific to a particular school within that dataset, but the overall Brochure/Viewbook material template could be applicable for any school within the dataset.
- Reference - This scope should be used if a material should be associated with a particular reference. For example, on a recommendation form, if a Reference should be able to upload specific notes about an applicant and those notes should be associated/assigned to the Reference uploading them, then the scope to be used for this material is Reference.
- School Report - This scope should be used if a material should be associated with a specific School Report. Similar to the Reference scope, if on a particular School Report a school official wanted to provide any additional supplemental documentation, then the School Report material scope would be used to associate these supplemental materials with a particular School Report.
- School - This scope should be used to associate materials with a particular school. For example, if custom transcript materials should be assigned to a particular school, these transcript materials would use the School scope.
- Test - This scope should be used to associate materials with a particular Test.
||When the scope of the material is Dataset, select the dataset with which the material is associated from the dropdown menu.
||Set the access of the material to 'Admin only,' or allow for upload on student self-service website.
|Student Upload Label
||Include a label that will appear on the Status Page for materials set to 'Available for upload through student self-service website,' if desired. This is often used to designate official documents from copies.
|Student Upload Order
||Set the order of the dropdown for materials available for upload on the Status Page.
|Student Upload Restriction
||Restrict a material upload to a specific population on the Status Page. If desired, select a Population to which the material should be restricted.
|Checklist Display Label
||Include a Checklist Display Label to display the Material on the Status Page Checklist with a material icon, if desired. This informs that student that a material has been received, regardless of whether or not there is a rule to add it to the Checklist.
||The Group setting will default to the 'Default Group' when a new material is created. If materials are assigned to the 'Financial Aid' group and added to an applicant's record, they will display under the Materials section of the Financial Aid tab on an applicant's application.
||Restrict the ability to view particular materials by setting a custom permission. If left blank, those with permission to view the materials tab on the student record will be able to see the interaction; those with permission to view an application will be also able to view the materials.
||Associate a Material-scoped form with a Material via the Material Metadata dropdown. This allows a form to be completed when editing or uploading a Material of this type via the Batch Acquire interface. The Material-scoped form can include form fields mapped to various system fields (e.g. person, application, and material-scoped destinations).