Voice Snippets adds voice message capabilities to the snippet tool, providing snippet functions beyond email and SMS messaging.
Creating a Voice Snippet
To create a snippet for a specific user, a specific role, or anyone in Inbox:
1. Click Inbox in the Slate navigation bar. The Inbox tool appears.
2. Click the Snippets icon on the right side of the page. The Snippets page appears.
4. Enter the following configuration:
- Folder: Select an existing folder or select Other and enter a new folder name to create.
- Name: Give the snippet a descriptive name.
- Method: Select Slate Voice. The snippet tool updates for the voice snippet.
- Sharing (optional): Select to enable the setting of permissions for the recorded snippet.
- Description (optional): Provide a brief description of the snippet.
Recording a Snippet Message
1. Click the microphone icon to begin recording your message. The microphone icon changes to a round "record" icon.
2. Click the "record" icon to start recording the message. The round "record" icon changes to a square "stop" icon.
3. After your message, click the "stop" icon to end the recording. The "stop" icon changes to the round "record" icon, and a playback tool appears, enabling you to review the recorded message.
All users (or those with granted permission) can access the snippet during any inbound or outbound call.